impactChoice provides environmental sustainability solutions and has offices in South Africa and Mauritius.
Download impactChoice's Earth Token Whitepaper.
"From the outset, we realized that if we were going to make any significant impact on preserving and protecting the earth for future generations we would have to reduce the financial burden of Environmental Sustainability initiatives by tying efforts to real business outcomes and spreading the load across all stakeholders and incentivizing all to participate," said Leonard Harley, co-founder and Managing Director at impactChoice.
Added to the ICO, the company will also be establishing the Natural Asset Exchange blockchain-based (ECR20) platform which will have the Earth Token as the settlement mechanism.
"The impactChoice Certificate Issuing and Tracking Exchange (CITEX) platform was the world's 1st Carbon Asset Management platform that used digital representations of carbon assets to enable companies to compensate for environmental impacts by apportioning emissions to relevant business metrics, mitigating these via internationally accredited and verifiable emissions reduction mechanisms and involving customers in their efforts," said Harley.
The EARTH Whitepaper explains that their exchange hopes to:
- Provide a free, open, transparent and universally accessible platform connecting producers of Natural Assets with buyers.
- Eliminate fraud and double counting of Natural Assets.
- Provide sellers with flexible pricing mechanisms.
- Reduce complexity related to fiat currency exchange rates.
- Eliminate registration fees for both buyers and sellers.
- Eliminate the need for, and costs associated with, external 3rd party registries for both buyers and sellers.
- Eliminate the requirement for buyers to fund escrow accounts.
- Eliminate minimum transaction volumes.
- Result in reduced transaction fees.
- Simultaneous fulfillment & settlement reducing current lead-times.
- Enable embedding of Natural Assets directly into products and/or services.
- Enable universal access to Natural Asset project investments, creating sustainable, risk-adjusted, long-term returns for all participants.
"With blockchain technology maturing, we finally have the tools to make our vision a reality. A trusted, transparent platform that will allow all to participate, and the mechanism to ensure they are rewarded for their efforts, providing the incentives so desperately needed to make environmental sustainability efforts successful."
One of the reasons why impactChoice are launching and ICO and a marketplace is because sometimes only a fraction of funding raised for environmental sustainability projects actually finds its way to intended projects. This is because, according to the company, power is predominantly in the hands of large institutions and numerous middlemen who add little or no value with apparently smaller organizations and individuals being sidelined.
Harley is also an advisor to the recently announced ICO by Moya Networks to bring more high-speed Internet capacity to Southern Afrika. EARTH funds will be held using multi-sig wallets, including two of three signatories for the control of funds. All token sale information will be available EARTH website.