Seedstars World has announced the 10 most promising seed stage startups in Botswana that will compete to represent the country at the regional and global Seedstars Summits. The startups that win and are selected from Seedstars Gaborone 2017 on 3 November 2017 also stand a chance to win up to $1 million in equity investments and other prizes.
Seedstars is also working with Enel Green Power to source the most innovative business models in the energy sectors and ones that are fostering socio-economic development in rural villages across Afrika.
The 10 seed stage startups selected to advance to pitch at Seedstars Gaborone 2017 are:
- Indie Studios Africa: a social ecommerce consultancy Service Provider addressing the needs of the unbanked in emerging markets.
2. Jobcard: a secure online recruitment application built for businesses and job seeker.
3. Keakopa Explore: an advertising company that provides online business listing through a web portal.
4. Leintel Codemasters Holdings: a group of computer science undergraduates with sharpened expertise in computer programming on a mission to curb unemployment in Africa.
5. Lunchbox: an online marketplace for cooked lunch. It is a network of local restaurants, cooks chefs, food lovers and consumers.
6. Medmall Africa: a solution to connect doctors and patients through mobile and web application.
7. Optimum Q: a platform to bridge students & tutors by providing an online platform for tutors to upload quality and affordable content for easy access by students.
8. Plaasio Pty Ltd: disruptive Farmers Management on the blockchain.
9. StudentPark: a platform where students get accurate information from relevant stake holders.
10.YAPILI: a peer-to-peer web platform and Android App offering new opportunities for many Africans to connect to doctors for health advice.
As part of their collaboration with Enel, up to 5 of the best startups across Afrika in the energy sector will be invited for an exclusive RES4Africa networking event and compete for an Africa Energy Prize which consists of a financial contribution and a three-month acceleration programme for a total value of up to $50,000.Share this article via: