Uber has announced new improved features for its premium Uber Black offering. One of the notable introductions is the ability for Uber users to request a less talkative driver by choosing the "Quiet Mode" option.
The ride-hailing company has said that the new options are as a result of their Uber Black and Uber Black SUV riders who gave them feedback that they wanted a high-quality service and premium comfort.
"Uber Black and Uber Black SUV riders told us they wanted high-quality service and premium comfort. That’s why we’ve improved features and requirements to meet or exceed their expectations on every ride. Whether it’s heading to that important meeting, or arriving in style for date night, we’re offering an increasing number of ways for riders to personalize their experiences."
The full list of options announced by Uber for their Uber Black and Uber Black SUV options are:
- Quiet Mode: if you need to respond to emails or are in the mood for a nap, make your trip a quieter one with just one tap. If you’re in the mood to chat, that’s an option too.
- Help with Luggage: let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
- Premium Support: access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially-licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.
The downside is that Uber will not be launching any of these features anywhere in Africa just yet as they have only been announced for their United States riders.
Cover image credit: Uber