The first step is always the most difficult one. Everything you will encounter after will mostly be like deja vu for you. You can get the same feeling when you take your very first certification exam. At first, it can be hard for you to prepare adequately, search for reliable resources, and pass your test on the first try. But when you become absorbed by the process, you will deal with all these issues and steps in no time. Thus, if you want to get the MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration credential, your first stage that you should go through will be the MD-101 VCE Certifications Exams. Please note that this associate-level certificate requires that you take two tests in total.
The Microsoft 70-764 exam is intended for the database specialists with the job role of installing, configuring, and maintaining SQL Server. These specialists also have other responsibilities, such as setting-up database systems and ensuring that these systems function effectively. They also have the responsibility of regularly backing up, storing, and securing data from unlawful access. You can be new to the IT industry or not, in any case, this may be your first try ever to pass the certification test, so let’s look at what you need to know before going for it.
Microsoft 70-764: Overview of Exam Details
MS-500 VCE Certifications Examsis a 120-minute exam that evaluates one’s specific technical skills. To apply for it, you have to pay the fee of $165 and register with Pearson VUE. It is essential to note that this price is for only one delivery. This means that if you don’t pass the test at your first attempt, you will have to pay again to be able to retake it one more time. You should also note that a retake is not immediate. If you don’t pass the 70-764 exam on the first try, you will have to follow certain policies depending on your situation:
1. You have failed the first attempt – wait for a period of 24 hours before you can take the test again;
2. You have failed the second and subsequent attempts – wait for 14 days each time.
Also, it’s important to mention that you can’t retake the exam more than four times within a year starting from the day of your first try.
The 70-764 certification test consists of around 40-60 questions of various types. These include multiple choice, drag and drop, case study, build list, active screen, short answer, best answer, and others. You can go through the exam webpage to find the link to the video tutorials regarding different formats of questions that you can come across in this Microsoft test. Passing the exam requires that you score at least 700 points on a scale of 100-1000. Moreover, please note that it is available only in the English language.
Microsoft 70-764: Overview of Exam Topics
The Exam-Labs MS-300 VCE Exams evaluates the applicants’ ability to accomplish specific technical tasks. As a potential candidate, you need to develop the required skills and knowledge to be able to achieve success. You need to understand the exam topics and then choose the appropriate study materials to gain further insights. For example, you can get some useful prep tools from the Microsoft Learning Platform or right from the official website. All in all, you need to understand the areas that will be evaluated before you use any of these resources. The highlights of domains that you need to master are listed below:
1. Configure data access & auditing
This objective covers 20-25% of the whole content. It evaluates the students’ skills and knowledge in some specific areas. To demonstrate their level of expertise within the domain, they should be able to accomplish the following technical tasks:
· Configure encryption;
· Configure data access as well as permissions;
· Configure auditing.
2. Manage backup & restore databases
You can expect about 20-25% of the exam questions to come from this section. You will need to demonstrate your competence in the following technical areas:
· Restore databases;
· Develop a backup strategy;
· Manage database integrity.
3. Manage & monitor SQL Server instances
The subject covers about 35-40% of the exam content and assesses one’s ability to perform the following tasks:
· Monitor database activity;
· Monitor queries and SQL Server instances;
· Manage indexes;
· Manage statistics.
4. Manage high availability & disaster recovery
As for this topic, it comes with 20-25%. It measures the learners’ skills and competence in the following areas:
· Implement log shipping;
· Implement fail-over cluster instances;
· Implement Always-On Availability Groups.
These are the exam topics and subtopics that will be evaluated in the delivery of Microsoft 70-764 Visit Website Here.
Microsoft 70-764: Overview of Preparation Options
Passing the 70-764 exam requires some serious study. You need to choose the appropriate materials and devote ample time to your preparation process. There are different options that are available to you. Your choice will mostly depend on the flexibility of your schedule and your preferred learning style. Let’s look at some options that you can use.
· Instructor-led training: 20764: Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure is a 5-day course offered by Microsoft Learning Partners from around the world. It covers everything you need to know about the exam topics and equips you with the test-taking skills to achieve success. You can check the official webpage to find more details about how to participate in this training.
· Online self-paced training: There is also a free online option for those individuals who cannot take out time to attend the 5-day instructor-led training course. Additionally, you can also explore other courses for more direct and effective preparation. Check out the video lectures available on the Certbolt platform.
· Book resources: There is a good old way to learn all you want to know – read some books. Thus, Microsoft recommends the Exam Ref 70-764 Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure guide. You can purchase this official tutorial on Amazon.
There are also additional prep tools that you can find across training platforms online. We recommend checking the Certbolt website where you can find a whole lot of study materials, including real exam questions and answers. You can ace almost any certification test at the first attempt with the resources from this site Visit Link Here.
As you can see, you will need to put a lot of efforts to clear the milestone of passing the Microsoft 70-764 test with flying colours. That is why you need to ace the exam domains wisely and thoroughly. If you add to the prep resources mentioned above some practice tests, you will be able to find your weak points and eliminate them with ease.
Indeed, taking practice tests is a significant part of your preparation process that you cannot overlook. By working through practice questions, you’ll be able to work on those topics that you have explored the least before your exam date. So, use the available study materials to your advantage and strive to get the best score in your test. If you do so, the rest will be much easier and faster.
Share this via: